Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Basics

It's finally, officially winter here in the Northeast, and it's cooooold. Trying to maintain any sense of cuteness is a real challenge, since my main concern is not freezing my butt off. So creativity has largely fallen by the wayside, and coziness and habit reign. So this is what I wear, pretty much every day - it's not thrilling, but it works:


First of all, these leggings are a saving grace. I have pretty mixed feelings about American Apparel but nothing but undying love for these thick, stretchy leggings. Warm, forgiving of imperfections, and comfy as heck, I have them in navy and grey (and will probably also get black before the winter is over).









Up top, I'm a huge fan of these tunics. They are a great 3/4 sleeve length, and have pockets! My only complaint is that they are a tiny bit short and also only come in one size, which is just laaaaame. I have the purple and green and love 'em both. This tunic (in every color!) is on my wish list but damn is that expensive!.


Finally, these boots! They are the find of the year for sure. From Target, real leather, and only $50! People are always mistaking them for Frye boots, which is a-ok by me! They are also pretty comfy and have worn in well even after months of repetitive wear. I really should get another pair before they are gone for good....
















Oh, and I just got this hat and love it! It's warm and cozy but also totally cute and stylish. I might even need to purchase a second one, 'cause I've got a long winter ahead....

No comments:

Post a Comment