Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Jump!

My sources (i.e. Forever21) tell me that jumpers are back for this spring/summer. I have very mixed feelings about this. I had a great soft denim one that I wore when I briefly lived in Puerto Rico that was not only simple (one peice of clothing = an entire outfit!) but also looked pretty saucy with a pair of wedges. However, in addition to being sort of a pain to get on and off (monitor your liquid intake carefully!), they can also look a little bit ridiculous if not done carefully. They also often fall prey to one of my most reoccurring fashion concerns - looking like a huge toddler.



























The fact that this one has sleeves and is a solid, semi-serious color makes it a little more "mature" than some of the alternatives. This jumper is the perfect example of why jumpers should be ordered a size UP - the blousing on this one will look super nice and flattering, and anyways there's nothing worse than a jumper thats a bit small - it's a pain to get on and off, it goes up your butt (I'm tellin' it like it is), and then you really look like a toddler who just shot up and out of your clothes, Hulk-style.


























I think jumpers that look like they might be a short-top combo, like this blue one, help look a bit more mature.

























While this striped jumper looks comfy as heck, the super short shorts sand the sailor front make it look a little too infantile for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment