Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Dressing for the blues

I've been feeling a little down lately -- nothing in particular, just a combination of work being tough, the weather being unremittingly cold and dark, and maybe some post-vacation emotional malaise catching up with me too. What's not helping is that I've also been experiencing the "I have absolutely nothing to wear" phenomenon. Which is really obnoxious, since I spend approximately all of my disposible income on stuff that I apparently at some point think I'm going to wear.
So, of course, all this prompted me to go on the prowl for, uh, more stuff that I think I'm going to wear.

Since we're betwixt seasons, I can't really go all out and amass a ton of seasonal stuff.

Here are some of the goods I'm considering. I think they can span the seasons.

1. Prairie Underground Moth Coat

I feel like this is a good "throw over whatever and it looks dissheveled in a stylish way" piece. If you disagree, I think you should just pretend you don't, because I think that thowing this over whatever and acting like I'm stylish is going to be my thing for a few months. This would work extra well with my toxicly pink Nars lipstick, jeans, and hair that hasn't been washed or combed in a couple of days.

2. Forever 21 Top


Could I put this somewhere between me and a light black cardigan and look like it's 1993? Well, here's to hoping.

3. Scout Cocktail Dress at Bona Drag


This dress is so pretty. I could wear it under that Moth thing up top, or with a huge obnoxious necklace. Anonymous benefactor, reveal your location!











No comments:

Post a Comment