Saturday, February 13, 2010

Built by Wendy....for Sarah, obviously!




















































































Totally swooning over the new collection from Built by Wendy. I've never owned anything from them because, well, I don't have money. But I still appreciate their aesthetic and quality (which seems great from what I've touched and seen other people wearing) and dream of the day I can rock it regularly. Also I love it because I associate it with the amazingly stylish NK/Magic, so BBW should really thank her. By giving us both clothes. Till then, I will just steal their inspiration!

The things I love about this collection:

(1) The model wears (albeit better versions of) the three hairstyles I rock: down and messy, up and messy, side ponytail. Yes, yes, yes!

(2) Perfectly ripped jeans a a white tee never get old for me. I remember trying to convince my dad to wear jeans and a white tee shirt on a date when I was a kid because I had decided that was the best outfit for EVERYONE. (And, by the way, I was right. I was also right that Sam Cooke was the best ever. Basically, I was was cooler as a kid than I am now....huh...)

(3) I'm not crazy about the outfit/photo of the woman on the stool, however will always allow a place for cropped/clam digger black pants as a must have of the transitional season. Can a girl get a different shirt in that photo though? Or some colorful shoes?

(4) Um, can we talk about that green jacket? I'm, like, fairly sure that could/might be my first BBW purchase. Perfect color, lots of pockets, nice high collar, and, my personal very-specific requirement, brass NOT SILVER detailing....I haven't been able to look the price up yet because I don't this dream to end. (Dramatic!)

(5) Finally, the white rolled up pants and loose oxford shirt is basically the look I aspire to every spring/summer and never quite hit. This is the year!

Images via the great Unruly Things. View the entire collection here.

No comments:

Post a Comment